North Island Métis Association is hiring a Program Coordinator. If you are interested in applying, please read to see if you meet the qualifications and apply as directed.
The successful candidate will coordinate project activities and oversee a variety of Métis cultural and community events. The position duties include, but are not limited to, ongoing development of culturally relevant programs, advocacy of North Island Métis and best practices that positively impact Métis families on northern Vancouver Island.
The candidate will report to an appointed board member at regular agreed intervals to report on progress.
- Planning and coordinating of community events
- Draft work plans, briefing notes, budgets, sign-in sheets and monthly reports about programs and events
- Attend and oversee the actual planned community events
- Liaise and build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the community
- Provide reports and presentations to the NIMA Board of Directors
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven work experience related to planning Métis cultural and community activities
- Familiarity using MS Office Software, Excel, Word, Power Point
- Experience working with Métis Peoples, knowledge of Métis cultures and traditions
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Ability to follow through on assigned duties independently within strict deadlines
- Demonstrates professionalism and excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Possesses healthy conflict resolution skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize workload
Preference will be given to applicants of Métis citizenship.
Applicants once hired must supply a clear criminal record check. Driver's license and vehicle is an asset. Requires evening and weekend work but hours are flexible.
How to apply:
To apply for the position, please provide a cover letter, resume and two references to: Selection Committee, North Island Métis Association at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: March 8, 2019.
North Island Métis Association
For all the latest news, information and events.