The Executive Director will implement the strategic plan for our organization. The Executive Director is also responsible for the day-to-day operations, which include but are not limited to managing committees and staff, ensuring policies and practices are effective and up to date, applying for grants, managing the budget, representing NIMA in the community and monitoring programs and services.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will bring the following experience and skills to the role:
- Post-secondary education, minimum Bachelors degree level
- Knowledge of and passion for Métis culture, history and community
- Knowledgeable about the governing documents of North Island Métis Association, familiarity with the culture and history of the organization, and NIMA’s connection with Métis Nation BC
- Understanding of gender-based analysis and intersectionality as it applies to Métis women
- Experience in management including hiring, conducting performance reviews and supervising staff
- Experience in financial management including budget planning, timely payment of invoices, making financial decisions, and monitoring compliance with annual budget
- Experience in facilitating strategic planning and goal setting, research and gathering needs assessment data
- Experience and success in grant applications
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills with respect to a broad range of audiences and stakeholders
- Experience in social media and community outreach
- Experience in project management, planning events, long term planning, overseeing programs and meeting deadlines
- Familiarity with computers and MS Office software
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently and with flexible hours
The Executive Director is currently a part-time position. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and oversees a small but potentially growing staff team.
Preference will be given to applicants of Métis Nation BC and NIMA citizenship.
Applicants once hired must supply a clear criminal record check. Driver's license and vehicle is an asset. Will require some evening and weekend work.
How to apply:
Please provide a cover letter, resume and two references to North Island Métis Association at email@example.com
This job posting closes on Friday, April 12th at 12:00pm.